An automatic system to help in writing specialised texts in domains relevant to Spanish society (Un sistema automático de ayuda a la redacción de textos especializados de ámbitos relevantes en la sociedad española actual) (IN_HMS_LIN_0371)
Research project developed at Departamento de Filologías Extranjeras y sus Lingüísticas from the Facultad de Filología in Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED), in the framework of the ACTUALing research group, with the collaboration of the IULATERM group .
Budget: 40.000 euros.
Aims and methodology
The main goal of this project is to develop a prototype of an automatic system that helps to write texts in Spanish from specialized fields that are relevant in the Spanish society, for university students, professionals and citizens in general. The main fields that have been selected are:
- health and science (specifically, the medical domain),
- legal-economic (specifically, the public Administration domain),
- services (specifically, the tourism domain).
To achieve the main goal, there are three specific goals:
SPECIFIC GOAL 1. For each field (medicine, public Administration and tourism), to select the textual genres that involve writing problems for students and professionals from the Spanish society. As for the Administration field, only citizens are taken into account, because they are the ones who could really need to write texts addressed to public Administration.
SPECIFIC GOAL 2. To analyse the main characteristics of the textual genres that have been selected from different linguistic levels. The goal is to integrate these characteristics into technical specifications that guide the implementation of a prototype of computer-assisted writing.
SPECIFIC GOAL 3. To integrate these characteristics in a computer system of assisted writing. This system will help the user to elaborate a structure and to write these genres properly.
|STAGE 1||STAGE 2||STAGE 3||STAGE 4|
|Selection of the textual genres in each field of the project (medicine, public Administration and tourism).||Analysis of the typical characteristics of the genres from different linguistic levels.||Development of a computer-assisted writing system for the selected genres.||System dissemination.|
- Iria da Cunha (director) (UNED)
- M. Amor Montané (Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
- Alba Coll (Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
- M. Ángeles Escobar (UNED)
- Beatriz Fisas (Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
- Luis Hysa
Access to the software
* BBVA Foundation is not responsible for the opinions, comments and content included in the project and/or results derived therefrom, which are full and absolute responsibility of their authors.